My ChildLine App: Creative Video Competition
Launched on October 28, 2020, the My ChildLine app is a multi-lingual mobile application from ChildLine, supported by UNICEF, for children and young persons that provides fast, 24/7 365 free access helpline services, live chat, direct access to toll-free emergency hotlines and helpful resources for child protection, emergencies, and more. This month, fondly referred to as “App-April” by the ChildLine team, is dedicated to raising awareness about this app and highlights the important features of this child protection resource.
ChildLine gladly invites you to take part in the My ChildLine App Creative Video Competition! To enter the competition, persons are kindly asked to create a video using the following guidelines:
- Persons are asked to submit a 3 -5-minute video promoting the My ChildLine App by doing a skit, a dialogue/conversation, a poem, a story, or through any other creative medium to promote at least 2 or more features of the app (see the list of general features at end of this document).
- When recording, please use a landscape (horizontal) orientation (hold the phone sideways) instead of a portrait (vertical) orientation (holding the phone upright).
- To avoid issues with copyright infringement, background music should not be used.
- The background of your video and the content of the story must not contain any explicit, inappropriate, obscene, illegal, or offensive content or images.
- The content must be age appropriate, as the My ChildLine App is intended for use by children.
- Appropriate attire must be worn by all persons appearing in the video. Showing your face is optional, however, we must see some feature of the app being used on a device.
- Please remember to speak clearly and audibly so that the audio is clearly captured by the recording device.
- Only shortlisted videos will be posted to ChildLine social media platforms.
- Only persons 25 years or younger can enter the competition.
- Persons under 18 years of age must receive parental consent to participate in this competition. Click here for the consent form. Once completed, please email to email@example.com.
Once you have completed your video, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 626-3635.
The deadline for the submission of videos is Thursday 22nd April 2021 at 3:00 pm. Shortlisted videos will be posted to our social media platforms from April 28th to May 5th, 2021 at 11:00 am. The videos with the most likes and shares win!
Selection of winners
The videos received from applicants will be reviewed by the ChildLine team. On April 28th, 2021, the shortlisted videos will all be uploaded to ChildLine’s social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter). Members of the public are invited to like (1 point), comment (2 points) and share (3 points) the video of their choice. On May 5th, 2021, at 11:00 am, the three videos with the most points will be deemed the winners.
- The top three (3) winners will receive gift cards of varying values for selected supermarkets and restaurants.
General Features of the My ChildLine App
- Available in English, Spanish, and French
- Available for both Android and iOS
- Direct access to ChildLine’s 24/7 365 Helpline
- Direct access of emergency numbers (police, ambulance, fire services) and other resources for education, health, social welfare, migrant support
- Live web chat from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, every day of the week
- Ability to request counselling services
- Access to ChildLine’s website for articles, workshops, counselling support and more
- A personal diary with a locking feature
- A colourful explanation of children’s rights in friendly language
- A ChildLine arcade
- A calendar with a daily mood tracker feature
- A “PLACES” feature for GPS directions to spaces for education, entertainment, safety and healthcare
- The app allows you to create a username and select an avatar
- Direct access to the website of UNICEF – Eastern Caribbean Area
- Direct access to the Child Zone of the Office of the Prime Minister, Child Affairs Unit