ChildLine Helpline Training Program (CHTP) 2022
- This program begins in July 2022 and runs for five (5) consecutive Saturdays.
- Each participant is asked to pay a fee of $1500 in order to participate in the program. Participants can make two separate payments of $750 or pay in full.
- The deadline for registration and full payment is July 28th, 2022
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to make this payment
- A maximum of 12 participants will be shortlisted.
- The practical component of the course will run from September to November 2022. Each participant must complete 20 hours of in-office training during this period (4 hours by 5 days).
What you’ll learn
• Introduction to Helpline Services for Children and Young Adults
• Introduction to the Package of Laws and Legislation Pertaining to the Care and Protection of Children in Trinidad and Tobago
• Selected Topics on Issues Affecting Children and Young Adults
• Types of Helpline Intervention
• Key Techniques in Telephone Counselling
• Introduction to Case and Call Management
• Case Conferencing, Referral Services, and Advocating on Behalf of the Client
• Introduction to the Return to Happiness Programme
• Understanding the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and the Trinidad and Tobago Children Act
• Case Study Discussions on Crimes Against Children
• Determining Categories of Phone Calls
• Call Simulations and Data Entry for Active Listeners
• Group Presentation
• Use of the Call/Case Management Software, Client Relationship Management (CRM)
• Telephone Skills and Protocol
• Use of the ChildLine Referral Database
• Reporting and Recording Procedures